01coin Project Update - January 29, 2019
Table of Contents
- Community Updates
- Wallet and Core Development
- Ancillary Services Development
- 01VPS.net Updates
- 01MN.net Updates
So we started off 2019 with a project update on New Year's Day, but then skipped one while deadthings was away on a family vacation, so this is only our second update of the year so far. But the lack of a mid-month update does not reflect a lack of progress in our project, as you will see…
- The first community update is so hot-off-the-presses that we haven't even had a chance to officially announce it yet! Earlier today, 01coin was listed on the good-looking new exchange from the Netherlands, Amsterdex. Check out our brand new ZOC-BTC trading pair here.
01coin [ZOC] is listed!https://t.co/Ahngsj82yg@01CoinTeam welcome to https://t.co/rWzRY7ooTo!#cryptocurrencies #bitcoin #altcoin #blockchain #crypto #exchange #amsterdex #01coin- Amsterdex.com (@Amster_Dex) January 29, 2019
- In other exchange-related news, CryptalDash will be rolling out its new and highly-anticipated beta UI incrementally over the coming days. If you're interested to see progress unfold in real time, you can check it out here.
- We released our second video tutorial, in which zocteam moderator [Alt]oshi takes you through the process of how to setup a 01coin masternode using 01VPS.net. Check it out if you haven't already:
- Our next 4C Contest has already begun. This time, the challenge is to make a video about How to Mine ZOC Using AMD and Nvidia Video Cards. To find out how you can get involved and earn some coins for creating content, visit the #content-creation channel on our Discord server.
Wallet and Core Development
- We are on the cusp of releasing the mini-binary for cold node masternodes. Updates will be merged with master so that users will be able to compile mini wallets themselves using the configuration parameter
--enable-mini. Notably, this is an example of purely original code as nothing like it exists in any other cryptocurrency.
- Dash 13 was released, as you can read about here. This is important for the development of ZOC, as it lays the foundation upon which we can finally start building our long-anticipated governance system. Step 1 towards that will be merging the new Dash code with our own. Work to do so will begin once the new website has been completed. More on that below…
Ancillary Services Development
- The new website at 01coin.io is almost complete. We have opted to use Raneto as our Knowledge Base platform. Raneto ses static Markdown files to power the Knowledge Base. Raneto can be called a "static site generator" of sorts as it doesn't require a database. All of your content is stored in the content folder in Markdown (.md) files and the entire Knowledge Base structure and content is generated by Raneto. This is good because it's:
- Simple: You can create and manage an entire knowledge base using your favorite text editor
- Flat: Raneto is a "flat file" CMS, meaning no database woe's, no MySQL queries, nothing
- Fast: Raneto is seriously lightweight and doesn't use a database, making it super fast
- Content for the new Knowledge Base will start being populated this week.
- The 01VPS.net transition continues to be a work in progress. We now have full control over five of the seven host servers, and have outlined a nine-step plan for improving performance and customer experience, which can be viewed on our Trello. Please continue to bear with us as we move forward, as those improvements won't happen overnight.
- A recent update to systemd has a bug on older Linux kernels (notably, those used by Ubuntu 16.04). The bug removes /var/run/sshd from Linux following a reboot, rendering the system unreachable by SSH. Please note this is a bug that can potential affect any machine running an older Linux version and is not unique to 01VPS.net.
- Until this systemd bug is fixed, we have tested a workaround to keep your VPS reachable via SSH after a reboot. Simply add this line to your VPS root user's crontab:
@reboot mkdir -p -m0755 /var/run/sshd && systemctl restart ssh.service
- If you lose access to your VPS after a reboot, please submit a support ticket on 01VPS.net and we will attempt to recover your container for you.
- The past month has been a slow one in terms of 01MN.net developments, due to various real-world priorities.
- A system-wide update was require to fix a problem that was causing CPU usage on the backend sever to spike, affecting the processing of deposits and withdrawals.
- A customer support portal was opened at http://support.01mn.net/ and soon will be integrated into the 01MN.net user dashboard topbar.
- A basic admin portal has been created for 01MN.net allowing other zocteam members to access information such as order status, masternode status, account transactions and TXID lookups. Soon masternode controls will also be added to the admin portal. This is an important development for 01MN.net, as it gives zocteam members other than Evydder to ability to provide some basic customer service.
- There are currently 140 unique beta testers using 01MN.net, with a total of 245 active masternodes.