01coin Project Update - March 26, 2019
Table of Contents
The previous 01coin Project Update focused exclusively on updates related to 01VPS.net. This time around, we will return to the traditional project-wide format, although 01VPS.net development does still constitute the lion's share of progress over the past two weeks.
- Our little project celebrated a couple of milestones recently:
- On March 7, the 01coin blockchain reached a block height of 210384, triggering its first block reward reduction. Block rewards declined 8.3% from 26 ZOC per block to 23.83333334 ZOC per block. The distribution remains 50/50, with 11.91666667 going to each the blockfinder and the masternode network. 01coin's next block reward reduction won't occur until block 420768 approximately one year from now.
- On March 22, we celebrated the one-year anniversary of the 01coin community takeover. On March 22, 2018, our lead dev OwenRay opened the new Discord server and published the ZOC Takeover and Change Proposal. Since then, our project has made nearly 20,000 commits to zocteam repos. Not too shabby for a community coin comprised of volunteer contributors.
01coin has been busy making some new friends
- 01coin has been added to the Pecunia Platform masternode hosting service. The Pecunia Platform is a web application that allows you to create cold wallet masternodes without having to deal with servers, terminals or Linux, which could come in handy for some users in the absence of 01MN.net. Please note, this is not an endorsement of the Pecunia Platform.
- 01coin has also been added to two new masternode monitoring systems: Delion and MNROI.info. Delion offers a proactive monitoring solution with event alerts via email or Telegram, while MNROI is a sort of hybrid between a masternode monitoring tool and a coin market tracker. Check 'em out!
- Dice-age.com, a 01coin partner site, has been running a Twitter giveaway, wherein one lucky winner will get 100 ZOC. For your chance to win, click here:
https://t.co/1DgMvSMBCV #giveaway 🎁- Dice-Age (@DiceAge1) March 15, 2019
RT & follow @DiceAge1
write the following
i love deadthings
ONLY when 20 people have, one random #winner wins 100 $ZOC #coins#online #wallet #cryptocurrency #dice #birthday #giveaway@dt_oc @01CoinTeam pic.twitter.com/RXMnBjKo7m
Wallet and Core Development
- With the release of Dash 0.13 "Evolution" in January, the next step towards 01coin's governance implementation will be another massive code merge. Work on this will begin in April and is expected to be completed before the end of Q2.
Ancillary Services Development
- The zocteam is confident that the full version of the new 01coin.io website will finally be launched in April.
- The final server migration took place on March 13, as the Canadian server was upgraded to newer, faster, SSD-enabled hardware. All five server upgrades are now complete, an endeavour that spanned 23 days and required about 100 total man-hours.
- Recipe rewrites are now almost complete. As of this writing, the only recipes still needing revision were GLT, GRV, NOR, OCTPS and OYS. The OYS recipe may have to be dropped, though, unless someone puts up a working block explorer.
- A new banner ad pilot project has begun at 01VPS.net. As part of this pilot project, we are proudly hosting the following banners free of charge while we keep track of view and click statistics:
- The pilot project only started five days ago, but early results suggest 01VPS.net is capable of delivering approximately 1000 pageviews per day globally. If that rate keeps up throughout the pilot project, then the available banner ad space should indeed by monetizable.
- The SparksPay (SPK) recipe has been updated to version 0.12.3.6, which is the new mandatory update as of block 299000. To update, SPK users can simply click on the recipe again, and it will take care of everything for you.
- The Gossip (GOSS) recipe has been updated to GOSS2. Users will have to swap their coins to the new chain to generate a new masternode output. When ready to update, GOSS users can simply click on the recipe again, and it will take care of everything for you.
- Lastly, here's your reward for reading this all the way to the end: a sneak peek at 01VPS.net's upcoming promo. This weekend, we will launch a sale that will last throughout April called the "Migration Sale" to celebrate the successful upgrade of our server architecture. We will be offering:
- 10% off all 12-month VPS rentals
- 20% off all 6-month VPS rentals
- 30% off all 3-month VPS rentals
- 40% off all 1-month VPS rentals
- Furthermore, we will be eliminating the minimum threshold for affiliate referral rewards during all of April. That means those who successfully refer new users to 01VPS.net will be able to withdraw their rewards without having to meet the minimum threshold. Affiliates earn 5% of all money spent on 01VPS.net by those they refer for as long as they remain active clients. Normally, the minimum threshold is €20 worth of rewards. To get your affiliate link, visit https://01vps.net/secure/affiliates.php.
- Here's the artwork we will be using to promote the Migration Sale, amateurishly made by deadthings (if you're a graphic designer who actually knows what you're doing and would like to contribute, please let us know!):
That could be Evydder after one of his many all-niters during the server migrations